Have you ever gone to upload an image to a post, then realizing that you wanted to rename it first? How about when you want to upload a file to your Dropbox or other favorite cloud file hosting? There’s got to be a way to change the name without having to hit the Cancel button. Right?
There is! Here’s how to do it.
1. Click your favorite Select or Attach File Button to launch the File Upload dialog.
2. Highlight the file you want to rename.
3. While holding down the Command Button, click the letter I on your keyboard – Command + I
4. This will launch the File Inspector. Expand Name & Extension. Rename the file.
5. Close the Inspector window and notice that your file has been renamed.
6. Open, Attach, and Enjoy!
Rinse and repeat for each file you want to rename. Hope that saves you some time. I know it has saved me some for sure.